What would you do today with INR 266 (US $5)? I came up with a list of things I would do if I had US 45. Check them out.
- I would book two tickets at INOX for the movie Vishwaroopam
- Or I would go to Express Avenue and splurge it on a T-shirt for DDH or a kurti for me.
- I would buy a Bey-blade (those fancy electronic tops from Cartoon Network) for DDS.
- Heck, I would just buy this week’s grocery – plain and simple if I was not in a mood for splurging away that money.
- Maybe I would hire a domestic help and get all the window panes and grill doors dusted and cleaned and scrubbed.
- I would even get my unstitched dress materials stitched into chudhidhars.
I know, I know, I can get so many things done with INR 266 (US $5). But what I chose to do today is, donate to CleanBirth.org.
This week World Moms Blog and CleanBirth.org have partnered to raise 1000 birthing kits. I am in. Are you?
How much difference will $5 make in your life? And how much difference will it make in a mother’s life, in the screams of her labour pain, in the throes of sweat and panic, lying on a bed of leaves in the middle of a dense jungle, just about to give birth to her darling baby.
I gave an extra hug to my little one thinking about a mother out there giving birth under such conditions in the village of Laos. What about you?
You can do a lot more things too. Check out this article on World Moms Blog. You can even donate your status on FaceBook and do a lot more. (http://www.worldmomsblog.com/2013/02/05/social-good-saves-lives-laos/)